Tuesday, January 31, 2012

First Week of Spring 2012 Classes

Week in Review: A Reflection of January 22 – January 28


The first week of classes was going well until I became ill and had to miss class on Wednesday. I was very disappointed because I was looking forward to my Communication Technologies class the most this semester.


They covered a lot of material of which I needed to catch up on my own before moving on to the homework. I learned about and tested a tool that allows you to capture not only still screen captures, but also video screen captures. I imagine this comes in handy if you’re creating tutorials for software use.


Unfortunately, I missed the Welcome Back lunch featuring comedian Andy Hendrickson. The event was between my two Wednesday classes, so it would have been a perfect time to catch a show and some lunch.


I was feeling much better by the weekend, and I was able to go ahead with my plans, which included a friend’s baby shower and a birthday party. We celebrated my friend’s birthday at a Japanese restaurant and sat at a Hibachi table. They throw food around the room, do tricks, and light the grill on fire. My friend was surprised at the end of the meal as we all sang to her and she got a special dessert from the kitchen.


I’m hoping this week goes much smoother than last week. I’m looking forward to meeting new classmates, although I’m missing my old classmates. I cannot wait until next month for our first Web Developer Club meeting of the semester. Student Senate meetings will be starting up again soon as well. Oh so many things to look forward to this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment