Monday, January 23, 2012

Week in Review: A Reflection of January 15 – January 21

It was the last week before Spring 2012 classes start and I am both excited and nervous. I’ve finished all the courses for the Web Site Coordinator Certificate and now I’m moving on to the Office Assistant Technical Diploma classes. These are all new classes with all new instructors.


If you read both Lee http://mptclee.blogspot.com/ and my blog entries, you can see how different our academic lives are. Each program at MPTC seems to be different from the others. Besides a few general education classes, each program has it’s own set of very industry-specific classes. So in a way I feel like I’m going to a different school although it’s still Moraine Park Technical College.


They didn’t need me this past week at the place where I volunteer, so I had some time to gather my supplies such as notebooks and folders. To save paper and money, I use notebooks from the previous semester as long as I have enough pages left. You can use sticky bookmarkers to mark where the new class notes start or rip out the old pages from last semester. If you need to keep notes from previous classes, you can staple those torn out pages or put them in a binder.


As far as I can tell, I’m all set to begin classes. I just need to make sure to set my alarm this semester, because I’ve got some early morning classes this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment