Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Trip to the Bookstore – Spring 2012


Last semester I had four of them. The semester before that, I had two of them. This semester I have 6 large ones, one small one, and an access code card. I’m talking about textbooks. I knew I would be picking up a lot of books this semester, so I brought my backpack and an extra bag to carry them. If you have a friend that owes you a favor, I highly recommend you bring them along to the bookstore to help with the heavy lifting.


I have an old 1980’s entertainment center, and I use the space that is supposed to be for the TV as an extra shelf for the current semester’s books. I have not yet moved my old textbooks, notebooks, or folders from last semester, so I can’t put the new ones in their designated spot. My TV sits on top of the entertainment center. That probably sounds like it would look odd, but it drives me crazy to have a TV sit too low to the ground, like those old fashion wood panel TV sets.


But getting back to the topic of textbooks, I suggest keeping your books in the same spot so you never have to go around the house tearing apart couch cushions or crawling under your bed (hey, there’s that missing sock!) five minutes before leaving for class. It’s good practice to get organized now because whatever profession you go into you’ll need to keep track of something whether they’d be papers, tools, and/or supplies of some kind.


You can find bookstore hours, textbook/supply lists, and computer software by visiting: http://bookstore.morainepark.edu/

No comments:

Post a Comment