Friday, February 3, 2012

Communication Technologies Class

Wednesday’s Communication Technologies class was packed with activities, much of which was done together as a class or in small groups. We learned about and used all kinds of online tools. There are online tools to create your own sticky notes, flowcharts, and even comic strips. As part of our next assignment, we are creating comic strips. I didn’t even know that was something you could do.


Our class uses several communication tools online. We have a wiki set up where we can post information and share URLs. We use Twitter to share information by using a special hashtag in reference to the class. While I was absent last week my classmates learned how to create Twitter accounts. I had to catch up by creating an account really quickly during class. So many things are covered in class that I feel like I missed a month’s worth of material. I am, however, caught up now.


We spent a few minutes discussing our reading assignment. I’ve read the first chapter of the book, and I’m enjoying it quite a bit. The book talks about how companies are connecting with consumers in a way that benefits both parties. I find it interesting how the Internet, and more specifically, social media, affects our daily lives.


The class ended with watching video introductions of each other. We filmed and posted videos to our online classroom portal. I hope we’ll be creating more videos later in the semester, because I’m looking forward to the opportunity to film and edit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment