Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas 2011

My family and I had a pretty usual Christmas like we always have. I went to church on Christmas Eve and opened gifts afterwards. I like to give practical gifts, because I know those kinds of gifts won’t end up in the bottom of a closet. After that, I helped my mom make the traditional butterhorns for our extended family. They need to rise overnight before they are baked.


Christmas morning began with a large Christmas breakfast. I was in charge of the pancakes, and my brother was in charge of the scrambled eggs. In the afternoon, we headed up north to my grandma’s house to celebrate with the extended family. We did a Secret Santa gift exchange where all the gifts are placed in the middle of the room. We draw numbers and choose a gift in the order we picked from the hat. From speaking with my fellow Moraine Park Technical College classmates, many people have this tradition with their family. We just started doing this a few years ago now that the grandchildren are older.


I hope everyone is having a safe and happy holiday season and enjoying the short break we have before classes begin again!

No comments:

Post a Comment