Friday, January 6, 2012

Winter Break 2011

I spent part of my free time this past week learning how to use an awesome new camera that takes photographs and video. There is a Futuremakers Video Competition for Wisconsin Technical Colleges students, including those from Moraine Park Technical College, I would like to enter. I have finally come up with an idea for a video after weeks of thinking about it. The deadline for submission is February 29. You can check out details at http://www.wearefuturemakers.com/. Now, I just have to expand on my idea, film it, and edit it. Wish me luck!


During winter break I always meet with my friends so we can do a gift exchange. Everybody is so busy earlier in the month we have to wait until after December 25 to do it. I was able to hang out with them again on New Years Eve. We went out to dinner at a local restaurant and stayed indoors (where it’s warm) to watch movies. I was also able to see a few movies in theaters during break such as Sherlock Holmes 2 and New Years Eve.


I was looking at the events schedule on the myMPTC portal and saw that a new student orientation is coming up soon. I’ll be contacting my Web Developer Club members to make sure we have representatives of the club to sit at the club table to recruit new members for the Spring 2012 semester. We’ll be able to answer any questions new students may have about the club and give them the opportunity to get their name on the list for email notification of our next meeting. It won’t be long before the spring semester will be upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment