Saturday, February 18, 2012

Web Developer Club – Fun and Field Trips to Look Forward to This Semester

It was good to see a lot of returning members as well as a few new faces at the first Web Developer Club meeting of 2012 at Moraine Park Technical College. We spent the hour discussing our club’s website, a field trip opportunity, and, as always, links to really cool websites.


One of our members set up a Content Management System (CMS) website for the club. We spent the majority of our meeting learning about it. It looks like it’ll be easy for members to add content to our site. I’ll be uploading our meeting minutes on there since I am the secretary of the Web Developer Club.


In other club news, our advisor for the club informed us we’d be going on a field trip next month to tour an Internet company. It’s something the club decided we wanted to do last semester. I’m glad the company is kind enough to extend an invitation to us to visit and learn from them.


Our president of the Web Club shared with us four websites I didn’t know existed. I always make sure I write them down, because you never know when they could come in handy. I still need to go online to my social bookmarking account and add those links so I don’t loose them. I liked to use the site Delicious http://delicious.com/ to save links to sites I want to revisit. I learned about social bookmarking last spring in one of my classes.


It looks like it’ll be another fun, educational semester for the Web Developer Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment