Thursday, February 16, 2012

Taking a Break from Winter

Week in Review: A Reflection of February 6– February 12


It took me six hours in the computer lab to finish my homework, but I was glad I did it before the weekend. I needed the weekend to be free from academic obligations so I could host a party.


To beat the winter blues with its gray skies and cold winds, I held an indoor beach party at my place. I decorated the inside with artificial plants, windsocks, backdrops of tropical scenes, and even attempted to create a paper waterfall (It was more like a “waterfail,” but oh well). We sat on beach chairs with foot rests, put little umbrellas in our drinks, and batted around a beach ball. It was easy to forget it was winter (unless you looked out the window and saw the snow).


I’m still hoping that we can plan a beach party on campus for the end of the semester. I wasn’t able to do as much as I liked at home due to a lack of space, but having a beach party at the West Bend campus would allow us to do more as far as games and decorations. There is another Activities Committee meeting coming up soon, and I think we’ll be voting on the topic at the following Student Senate meeting.


If you’re a student at Moraine Park’s West Bend campus and have a suggestion for an event you would like the campus to host, write it in the comments on this blog. Better yet, come to the Student Senate meetings. You can find out when and where the meetings are by logging into your myMPTC portal, going to the Student Life tab, and reading the Student Events section.


Well, I guess I’ll stop daydreaming about palm trees, sand, and ocean and get back to my assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment