Wednesday, February 22, 2012

More to Do for School than Homework

Week in Review: A Reflection of February 13 – February 19


When you go to college you generally expect to spend several hours every week doing homework. Well, this week I spent a lot of time doing school-related activities but none were actually considered “homework.” I had homework to do, of course, but I had a few other things to keep me busy (and away from the beautiful glow of the TV set).


For my scholarship application I need to write a statement about what I will take with me when I leave Moraine Park Technical College. It took longer than I expected to figure out how to state my answer, to write it, revise it, and then revise it again. It’s nearly complete, but I want to check it over again. I’ll need to get it done soon, though, because the application is due at the beginning of March.


As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I’m looking into the Individualized Technical Studies associate degree. I want to create my own individualized degree that encompasses a few of the programs offered at MPTC such as the IT-Web Designer/Developer and Office Assistant technical diplomas. I’ve been researching the course catalog to see what classes will fit my career needs. There is no deadline for this, but I would like to get things in order before I sign up for fall 2012 classes. Believe it or not, that’ll be coming up soon, too.


One activity I haven’t worked on much lately is my Futuremaker Video Competition entry. I can’t believe the deadline is at the end of this month! This coming weekend I’m going to devote all my time to this project. It’s a great opportunity to represent Moraine Park at the state level and win some money if my video is chosen. If I win, I’d like to get one of those sleek-looking Mac Book Pros that the Interactive Media students are walking around with. I’m not going to lie, I’ve got computer envy. If I take some Interactive Media classes for my ITS degree, I’m probably going to need one. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment