Saturday, February 4, 2012

Student Senate is Back in Session

I feel so official now that I’ve received my Student Senate nametag. It has a magnetic backing so there’s no chance of accidently poking myself. I’ll be able to wear it to events I’m involved in with the Student Senate.


Student Senate meetings are a great place to learn about all the upcoming events on campus. At the West Bend campus there’s a Valentine’s dinner and show on February 13, a blood drive on February 22, and several BINGO events coming up. The representatives of other student clubs shared info on what they’re doing this semester. Check the “Events” tab on my page for further information and upcoming events.


I was hoping to go to the NACA Conference for Student Senate this spring since I couldn’t go to the other conference last fall, but due to a scheduling conflict I won’t be able to go to this one either. Members who have gone to those events in the past say they are a lot of fun. There are numerous entertainment acts to preview at this conference. Based on what the students see and like, they come back to campus to make suggestions on entertainers we should bring to the campus.


I’ll be seeing some of the Senate members again soon during our Student Activities Committee meeting. We’ll be discussing and planning future events for the West Bend campus.


If you’re a student and looking to get involved, you can find information about Student Government here: http://www.morainepark.edu/services/student-life/student-government/ - student-life

No comments:

Post a Comment