Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Week in Review: A Reflection of September 19 – 23, 2011

Each week I reflect on what I have learned, new skills I have developed, challenges I’ve overcome, and new concepts I now understand. This week I learned how to make my own Web page backgrounds in Graphics for the Web class at Moraine Park Technical College.


In class we learned how to make a small image and repeat it using CSS to cover an entire background. Background images on Web sites are important when you consider that colors and shapes have different, specific meanings. The background needs to reflect what the Web site is about.


If you’re a student studying Web design, you know how time consuming it is to look for specific images online that express the exact message you are trying to portray. It gets more difficult when you’re working on paid projects and need to be mindful of copyright laws. I think it’s actually much less time consuming to create a background than to look for one using a search engine. It’s a pretty useful technique I’m certain I will use in the future. I may take a look at my previous work and apply this technique to those Web pages as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment