Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My First Self-Paced Class

I’ve never taken a self-paced class before so I had no idea what to expect when I walked into orientation this week. We don’t use eCollege for it, and I was wondering how the class worked without it.


It turns out there is something called “myitlab” I will be using to learn Microsoft Excel and Access. I haven’t really used it yet, I’ve only seen it demonstrated, but I think it uses the same concepts as eCollege with learning plans and drop boxes.


There were two points stressed in the orientation presentation: Be self-motivated and get help when you need it. All coursework needs to be finished in December, so it’s up to the student to set a reasonable pace. There are open labs that are staffed and tutors available.


At this point I’m more concerned about learning how to navigate and use “myitlab” than learning the programs. But, I figure if I learned how to use eCollege last fall and I’m very comfortable using it now, I should be able to learn this tool as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment