Monday, September 19, 2011

Week in Review: A Reflection of September 12 – 16, 2011

This week I bought a student planner from the Moraine Park bookstore. My personal planner was too small to write down everything I needed to write. They were on sale because we’re already a few weeks into the semester. In a few days, we’ll be one month into the semester! I still feel like it’s the second week!


Some of my classes are picking up in pace, and I have multiple assignments due for each class. A few of the classes are half a semester long, so there’s a lot of work to do in a short amount of time. After those two classes are over, I start Beginning Photoshop. This class will be my first completely online class.


I decided at the beginning of the semester that I would keep up with my assignments by working on them as soon as possible. It’s been working well for me. My free time is more relaxing and guilt-free knowing I’ve finished what I need to finish for the week by Sunday night.


What I’ve learned this week is that setting a schedule for assignments makes the workload easier to handle. I set priority to the tasks that are due the soonest and the ones that will take the longest to complete. Pacing things on your to-do list is a transferable skill that can be applied to any job, especially in the Web developer field.

No comments:

Post a Comment