Saturday, September 17, 2011

Alternative Plans

Moraine Park Technical College’s West Bend Student Senate meeting was canceled this week. I was disappointed, but I knew it was a blessing in disguise. It gave me extra time to work on my self-paced class.


There’s an open lab for self-paced classes where you can go to work on your homework and exams. The instructors that organize the classes staff it. Since I’m new to myITlab, I found it very helpful to work on my homework there. I had a few questions as I was going through lesson plan 1, and the instructor was able to answer all my questions.


I was nervous taking the exam. It’s a sort of simulation exercise. Another student told me you have to follow the steps exactly, or it won’t be correct. She was right. I wasn’t very happy with my first score, but luckily there is the option to retake the test to earn a higher grade. I felt much better after taking the exam again and getting a better score.


Last week I looked at the lesson plans to figure out how to pace myself and get all the work in by December 8. I figured if I did one lesson plan a week, I would get all the work done by mid October. After that, I start the self-paced Access class.

No comments:

Post a Comment