Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Life After Graduation

Week in Review: A Reflection of May 20 – 26

Two days before graduation I received an email from someone who saw my resume on the Wisconsin Technical College System’s job site. Three days after graduation I had a job interview with them, and the day after that I was hired to fill the position. I can’t believe how fortunate I am to be employed so soon and to be able to start working ten days after graduation.

Even though the semester is over, the Web Developer Club members are still in contact with each other. We’re planning on seeing The Internship, a comedy about two men who become interns at Google. We’re always talking about Google and what it would be like to work at a place like that. If you haven’t seen the clip from the Travel Channel about working at Google, look it up on YouTube.

As I mentioned in my earlier posts, I was seriously thinking about enrolling in the Audio-Video certificate at MPTC in the fall. Since I’m starting work right away, I’ll have enough time to save up money to take some classes next semester. I’ve already filled out an application for the certificate program and turned it in to Student Services. I contacted someone to get more information about what I’ll need for those classes. I won’t need to worry about getting my own camera since the college has ones for the students to use. I will, however, be getting a new laptop to bring to class. Using some of the techniques I learned in my Computer Essentials class, I fixed up my old laptop and gave it to my parents. They really needed it. Their desktop computer was so old it still had a floppy disk drive.

Besides all of those things, my summer will include a lot of wedding-related events. I went to a Brewers game last Saturday for a bachelorette party, and I’ve got another bachelorette party in two weeks at the Mitchell Park Domes. My godson has his first birthday in June, and my sister’s baby shower will be in July. This is going to be my busiest summer yet!

What are your plans for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment