Friday, May 3, 2013

Preparing for Graduation and Wrapping Up Meetings


Week in Review: A Reflection of April 22 – 28

I picked up my cap and gown from the bookstore this past week, and I found out I get to wear a high honors cord to the ceremony. My parents are planning to attend the commencement ceremony to watch me walk across the stage. One of my friends is also graduating. We’re planning to have some sort of celebration afterword, but we haven’t decided what we want to do or where we want to go.

Our last official Student Senate meeting was this past week. We used one of the ideas I learned during a conference to get more students to attend senate meetings. We had half a dozen new people show up! From what I hear, they may start doing the same thing at the other campuses and will most likely be using the idea on the West Bend campus next year. I’m so glad I attended that educational session during the conference so I could pass on useful information. I’ll be meeting with the people on the West Bend Student Senate one more time when we go out to lunch.

The team project I’m working on for my Team Building and Problem Solving class is wrapping up soon. We are currently putting together our paper and presentation for May 8. We can really see how much work we’ve put into the project now that we’re assembling all the pieces together. I’m really proud of it.

There is one more meeting for the Web Developer Club before the end of the semester. It’ll be my last meeting and last day as secretary for the club. I’m going to really miss being a part of the group, but I will definitely be in contact with many of the members after I graduate. They won’t be my classmates any longer, but they will still be my colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment