Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The End is the Beginning

Week in Review: A Reflection of May 13 – 19

There were a lot of “lasts” this past week. I had my last class and my last Web Developer Club meeting. The club has some exciting news. It looks like we will be having a prominent individual in the mobile application development industry as a speaker on campus. I’m not sure if it’ll be in the fall, but definitely keep an eye out for this opportunity if you’re in that field.

As secretary of the club, I was in charge of getting our paperwork together. Clubs have validation forms to fill out at the end of the academic year to confirm that we are an active club. We listed the activities we were involved with on campus, our community service projects, any fundraising activities we did, and any field trips we attended.

After the meeting many of us went out to dinner at a local pizza place. I called ahead for tables to be reserved so we had enough space for everybody to sit together. A couple of us were graduating, so it was going to probably be the last time we were all together; although, some are coming back to complete other programs. Speaking of future plans, my original plan was to be finished with my education this semester; however, I came across something on Moraine Park’s website.

I was given the opportunity to film and edit my own videos for a few classes and for this blog. By doing so, I have found out that I really enjoy video editing, and I would like to pursue it further. I know the basics of creating videos, but I don’t know about lighting or sound mixing. I would really like to learn from a professional and make high quality videos.

So, while I was on MPTC’s website, I found that the college has a new Audio-Video Certificate program. This is great news because this certificate means I can learn exactly what I want to learn in a short amount of time. But first I need to see whether it is plausible for me to pursue this certificate right away or to wait a semester or two. I’ve been going on interviews lately and I think one of them will pan out soon. My last interview went very well. If I can fit them into my schedule, I will start those classes this fall.

No matter what the future brings, I know that I’m a life-long learner. Whether I earn another degree, take a few enrichment classes, attend seminars or conferences, learn on my own, or learn from others, my life and my future will always include some form of education. You are never truly done learning. The end is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment