Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Busy Life of a Last Semester College Student


Week in Review: A Reflection of April 29 – May 5

The end of the semester is always busy, but this last semester before I graduate from MPTC has certainly been the busiest. It’s not just end-of-the-semester projects, it’s preparing for graduation, looking for employment, end of semester celebrations, and taking part in my friends’ and family’s life events.

West Bend Student Senate had their last meeting at a local restaurant. We conducted business as usual, including voting on the gift we’d like to give to the campus, and enjoyed some pizza. It was the last time we were all going to see each other as a group.

I’ve been going through my resume to make sure everything is updated. I’ve been applying for jobs in the county, some of which I’ve found through TechConnect. I may stop by the career center on campus one more time so I can have someone take a second look at my resume and portfolio. My exit portfolio has one item left and that’s the Team Building and Problem Solving project that my group has just finished but has not presented yet. I need to give recommendation forms to my previous instructors really soon, too.

My nephew was in his first play at school on Friday. He played the mayor and wore a suit and hat. It was so cute. Afterwards, we went to my brother and sister-in-law’s house for cake because it was her birthday.

On Sunday I went to a bridal shower for my friend whom I’ve known since high school. I’m one of the bridesmaids. I was asked to be the photographer of the event. It was a nice day so we got a great shot of us all outside. My other friend, who is one of the other bridesmaids, is getting married this summer, too. They are both getting married almost exactly one month apart. My sister is expecting, so she’ll be having a baby shower in July.

Needless to say, I’ve got a lot on my plate right now. The calendar is my friend; it keeps me organized and let’s me know where I need to be and why. The job search is going to consume a lot time as well. So, I’m going to stay organized and optimistic, make sure I get enough sleep and eat right, and enjoy this exciting time of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment