Monday, May 20, 2013

My Last Class


Last Wednesday was my last day of class at MPTC. Since we did our presentations the week before, we were able to do a fun activity in my Team Building and Problem Solving class. My instructor used PowerPoint to create an interactive Jeopardy game board (complete with music).

There were different categories to select from all related to our class. There were team building terms, tools (such as charts), class activities, and problem solving tools. The last category was called Who’s Who, and the questions pertained to individuals in the class. These questions were derived from what we learned about each other during the many class icebreakers. My team was in third place up until Double Jeopardy where we moved up to second place.

It was a really fun way to review what we learned, and we were all pretty amused when we saw that the questions in the last category were about us. After the game, we reflected on what we would be taking away from this class. Some of class said they analyze other groups they’re in now. If they pick their own teammates, they choose people who are different from them so they have a balanced team.

What I think I will take away from the class most importantly is using critical thinking to solve problems and finding the root cause. I’m amazed that this class ended up being my favorite class of the semester, especially since it was a general required class. It is definitely a useful class that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment