Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My MPTC Graduation

Lisa and me after graduation

Step 1: Bring your cap and gown.

Step 2: Leave your house early.

Thank goodness I followed step 2, because I forgot step 1 and had to turn around half way to Fond du Lac to get my cap and gown on the morning of my graduation. Other than that, the day went on without a hitch. The weather couldn’t have been more perfect; not too hot, not too cold; just nice and sunny.

When I got into the building, I checked in at the table where I picked up my white Student Senate cord. They directed to me to my “pod,” which is another check-in table in the building. Sam and Lisa, the student life advisors from Fond du Lac and Beaver Dam campuses, greeted me there, found my name on an index card, and gave it to me. I lined up alphabetically with other graduates from my program.

We entered the gymnasium filled with family and friends. There were too many people to locate my party, but I knew they were in the crowd somewhere. The college president, Dr. Sheila Ruhland, and the commencement speaker James A. Wessing of the Kondex Corporation spoke to us before we walked across the stage.

After the ceremony there was time to socialize with family, friends, other graduates, and the instructors. I introduced my parents to some of the instructors I was fortunate enough to have during my time at Moraine Park. They were also my brother’s instructors when he attended MPTC. I hugged the friends I had made over the past couple of semesters and made tentative plans to meet up with them soon. I spotted Lee, MPTC’s Fond du Lac student blogger, and congratulated him.

Congratulations to Mary, Sarah, Tami, Paul, John, Hannah, Lee, Rochelle, Jenny, Juan, Stephanie, and all the other 2013 Moraine Park Technical College graduates!

No comments:

Post a Comment