Saturday, April 28, 2012

Fun with Balloons


Last Blast

During the Last Blast event at Moraine Park’s West Bend campus I saw a unicorn balloon and a Rainbow Brite blowtorch.  It’s all because John Cassidy, an entertainer that incorporates comedy, magic, and “really weird things with balloons,” was the entertainment for our end of the year celebration.

John did some amazing tricks with fire, cards, and, of course, balloons. He made a giant poodle, monkeys hanging from trees holding bananas, giant flowers, and even a fruit hat. The cafeteria was practically covered in balloon shapes at the end of the show. He’s earned several Guinness World Records for his incredible speed. I’m certain he could have literally filled the cafeteria.

Many students were a part of the show including Lee, another Moraine Park student blogger. The comedian played tricks and scared them. Lee almost had a cup of liquid poured over his head and had his cell phone taken away which eventually ended up in a completely different place than where he had put it. He was such a good sport about it all.

As I mentioned in previous blogs, Student Senate has been planning this event for months. We wanted to have a summer theme. We decorated the cafeteria with blow-up fish, paper luau pigs, plants, and pinwheels. We gave away hats, sunglasses, and leis.

There were some great summer prizes such as a grill, lawn games, and a bike, to name a few. I won a $25 gift card to Aeropostale and took home a ranunculus plant.  I think it has to be warmer out before I plant it outside, so it’s indoors for right now.

I think out of all the Last Blast events I’ve been to this one has been my favorite. If you ever get to see one of John Cassidy shows, I highly recommend you do so. Thanks MPTC and Student Senate for the great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment