Monday, April 9, 2012

The Podcast Project

The podcast project is finished. Two of my classmates and I formed a group for my Communication Technologies class at MPTC. Each group was assigned a different technology such as video, screen motion capture, and podcasting. My group was assigned to learn about podcasting.


Through reading our textbook, learning through articles, websites, and video, we learned how to create one. We created a podcast that explains how to create a podcast. Once we figured out how to do it, it was pretty easy, actually. One of my group members has a great voice for podcasting. The finished product sounds really professional.


In order to help the class understand podcasting, we created our own wiki site where we posted resources, created a FAQ page about podcasting, and embedded our podcast. I used my background in HTML from previous classes to put anchor tags into the FAQ page so people can click on the question and the page jumps to the answer.


We presented last week and the other groups will present later on. I’m excited to see what the other groups put together for their topics. It’s also going to be nice to have access to those resources they’ve created.


Which media tool do you think is the best for learning something new: videos, screen motion capture, or podcasts?

No comments:

Post a Comment