Saturday, October 8, 2011

Plenty of Activities at Moraine Park Technical College

Our West Bend Student Senate meeting was held outside this week because the weather was so nice. We sat just outside the cafeteria at the tables. MPTC President Dr. Shelia Ruhland joined us as well.


We discussed a lot of topics at this meeting. Representatives from clubs shared what they are planning. The Graphics Club will be doing a poster sale, which I believe they did last year, outside the library. Business Professionals of America are having a brat fry, and the Chiropractic Club is going to be fundraising by selling candy bars. I like hearing what other clubs are doing this semester. It may give me ideas for my own club’s events.


The week of November 7 is Club Week at the West Bend campus. Students can check out clubs they may be interested in. I hope to represent the Web Developer Club that week. Keep your eye on the events calendar for more information.


October 10 – 22 is the First Annual United Way – Moraine Park Technical College Disc Golf Tournament at the new disc golf course also at the West Bend campus. Money from the event is going to United Way and there will be door prizes. I’ve never played disc golf before. I’m not even sure what it is, but it sounds like fun. Now is the time to use the golf course before it’s covered in snow.


Student Senate is the place you want to be if you want to know what’s happening on campus. It also a place where you can share ideas, get in contact with administration, and have a voice as a representative of the student body. I haven’t been a part of planning any events yet, but I hope to sometime soon. If you have any event suggestions, please share. What would you like to see at MPTC?

No comments:

Post a Comment