Friday, October 14, 2011

Last Day of Class for Career Development

It’s mid semester, and that means my one-credit Career Development class is over. During our last class we shared information about our career field such as world trends, workplace challenges, and the need for continuing education. Listening to my classmates speak made me stop and think outside the world of computer programs and become aware of other fields like the medical and industrial fields. I noticed some trends with our contrasting fields, changing technology being the most prominent commonality.


Every week we worked on a different aspect of the job search process. We created resumes, cover letters, and references; last week we went through mock interviews. What I found the most helpful was looking at a list of typically asked interview questions and preparing answers for them. It gave me time to think through my answers and get feedback on my responses to those questions. I feel much better prepared for an interview now.


There were two things our instructor had us repeat everyday and we are not allowed to forget it: Customize and Sell Yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment