Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Dog is Burying Fishbowls?

As you may recall from my blog post, “The Ox May Die,” last semester, I was in a class called Document Processing at MPTC. This semester I am taking Advanced Document Processing, which is pretty much a continuation of what I was doing last spring.

I am convinced the writers of our book for this class had a sense of humor, because they have me write the most absurd things sometimes to improve my keyboarding skills and accuracy. Once day I had to type, “The big dog down by the lake may bury the eighty fishbowls” in the keyboard program used for the class.

Besides improving our speed and accuracy, we also learn and practice language skills and learn how to format documents. The first few lessons were review of such documents as memos, academic and business reports, and tables. Now I’m learning about formatting itineraries, agendas, and meeting minutes. The next time I type up meeting minutes for the Web Developer club, I’m going to format it this way. I really liked how clean and organized the minutes looked.

My tip this week is to apply what you’ve learned whenever you can. It reinforces skills and concepts learned, and it will also help you improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment