Monday, October 8, 2012

Top Places to Study on the West Bend Campus

Staying focused can be difficult. I find that the best way to get my assignments done is by doing them on campus. Sometimes it’s just easier to focus on academics in an academic setting. Here are a few places I like to work on homework on the West Bend campus:

Sitting Areas
The area outside the library has chairs, a couch, and computers in a relaxed environment. I’ve seen people work on group projects here. The Web Developer club hangs out here before our meetings.

If you peak around the wall, there are chairs and tables near the main entrance.

A lesser-known area has comfy seating on the upper floor. Take the steps or the elevator in the T hallway.
  
Cafeteria
The booths in the cafeteria are a great place to set up your laptop. You can easily plug it into the outlets above the tables if your battery is low.


Outdoors
There is a great outdoor area outside the T-1 doors. I spend much of August, September, April, and May here eating lunch and reading books.

Computer Stations
I’ve spent a great deal of time in the computer lab in N-112. It’s a pretty popular place around the lunch hour. If it’s full, there are additional computers in the library.

Library
I enjoy this sitting area with a view for more casual reading. The shelves in the background hold magazines about all kinds of topics. Have a look sometime.


PC and Mac stations are located in the heart of the library.

These tables have outlets to plug in your laptop. It’s a good place to sit if you’ve got a lot of stuff to spread out. I work on my Document Standards and Expectations homework at these tables.

Study rooms in the library are available for group projects. Just stop by the circulation desk to reserve them. I’ve used these a few times last year in my Communication Technologies class.

Where’s your favorite place to study on or off campus?

 

1 comment:

  1. I love how many places you can choose from! big campus over there!

    ReplyDelete