Friday, October 19, 2012

A Month Worth of Weekends

Week in Review: A Reflection of October 8 – 14

I am happy to report I have turned in my last assessment for Principles of Accounting class—forever. It took me most of the weekend, but it’s done, and I’m done with the class. It’s a good thing, too, because the next four weekends I am booked and would have a difficult time fitting in any more accounting assignments.

This weekend I am hosting a Halloween Party. I’ve got some straightening up to do and a lot of baking. I’ve made the banana bread with crystallized ginger (it’s a very good addition that I recommend trying), but I still need to make skeleton cupcakes and monster finger cookies. Last year I made cupcakes with spiders made out of candy on top.

Next weekend I will be going with Moraine Park Technical College Student Senates to the APCA conference in Iowa. This is my first trip with Student Senate. We’ll be going there to view some entertainment acts that we may bring back to perform at the campus in the future. I’m still not sure what we’ll all be doing, but from what I understand, they’re going to keep us busy from morning until night with activities.

The following week I’ll be celebrating my friend’s birthday. She has a whole weekend-worth of plans for us. We’re going to be doing karaoke somewhere, going swimming (indoors of course), watching the Packer’s game, and possibly going to Wisconsin Dells. I’m not sure how she plans on fitting in all of that, but she’s a really organized person, so she’s probably got it all figured out.

The weekend after that I am going to another friend’s wedding. I hope that the weather will be good that weekend, because it will be November. I’m looking forward to seeing a handful of people I haven’t seen in a while at the wedding.

What do you for fun on the weekends?

No comments:

Post a Comment