Friday, May 18, 2012

Wrapping Up

Week in Review: A Reflection of May 7 – 13

Everything is wrapping up now that the end of the semester is here. There are plenty of things to do still, and it’s going to feel very strange when everything slows down this summer.

We went to a restaurant in West Bend for our last Student Senate meeting on Thursday. It was a lovely day to step outside in the middle of the afternoon.

Afterwards I went back to campus to create an eBook for my Communication Technologies class. It was a challenging project, but I really enjoyed creating it. I was happy to use my graphic design skills to create a book that was not only informative, but also nice to look at. I used skills I learned in my Document Processing class this semester to add footnotes and make a nice table.



The eBook was about podcasting. It was a supplemental element to the group webinar project we were creating. My group chose to go with a fishing theme since you can “reel in” customers by publishing podcasts.

Since I was working in the lab across from the bookstore, I decided it was a good time to pick up my cap and gown for graduation next Saturday. They asked for my height and gave me a bright blue gown along with a tassel and five invitations to the ceremony.

Even though I’m going to graduation, I’m not leaving Moraine Park just yet. Last semester I earned my Web Site Coordinator Certificate, filled out a Graduation Candidacy Form, and submitted the $30 application fee, which makes me eligible to participate in graduation. I’ll be back in the fall to complete my technical diploma.

No comments:

Post a Comment