Friday, May 25, 2012

Graduation Day

We headed to Fond du Lac High School for Moraine Park Technical College’s graduation ceremony on Saturday morning. When I went to get in line I was told I would be the last person to go up on stage. I’m used to being towards the end of a lineup, but I was pretty surprised to be at the very end of this one.

The ceremony


We sat according to our program. I sat with my friends who were also receiving the Web Site Coordinator Certificate. Not only did I get a nice blue case for my certificate, I was also given a commemorative medallion in honor of MPTC’s centennial in a royal blue pouch.

After the ceremony we went outside the gym for refreshments and pictures with family and friends. The graduates from our program, including me, had our pictures taken with our instructors.


Enjoying the weather after the ceremony

It was pretty warm outside in the morning, but it was even hotter at noon when we left graduation. One of my fellow graduating classmates had an art show later in the day. We went to the Dockside Tavern for lunch before heading over to the art show. It was so nice to eat outside right next to the water. We stopped at a few shops then went to her art show. I loved seeing the artwork many of which were created by Wisconsin artists.


Our view at lunchtime

That night I went over to another friend’s house to celebrate his birthday and have a campfire. It’s a tradition and fortunately the weather was perfect this year to be outside, even at night.

It was a long, eventful, and memorable day, not to mention a great way to kick off the summer.

Congratulations to the graduating class of 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment