Friday, November 4, 2011

Open Lab is Now Open

The open lab hosted by the Web Developer Club is now open at Moraine Park Technical College at the West Bend campus. On Monday nights, room S-112 is open for students taking web design classes to get help with their assignments from other web design students. I have class in that room, so after my class is over at 4:30 p.m., I’m already there for the open lab time. Students can work in the lab until the next class starts at 6:00 p.m.


This past Monday we had a great turn out. Just about every student was paired up with other students. It’s what we hoped the lab would be, a place for students to learn from other students. It’s a good learning experience for both parties.


Another student and I were able to help one of our classmates understand how to do an assignment. He was pretty thankful. Last year, when we had the open lab, one of my classmates who wasn’t in the Web Developer Club but wanted to use the open lab time to work on her homework was able to help me a few times. She was such a big help. She really eased my frustration.


I hope that people continue to come to these open labs. We should be able to do this again in the spring semester and maybe every semester after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment