Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Open Lab Hosted by the Web Club

One of the groups I am in at the West Bend Moraine Park Technical College campus is the Web Club. Most of the people in the club are people I have class with on a regular basis, and we end up spending a lot of time together.


It was the club’s idea to have an open lab where students in the Web Developer program could go to work on homework and get help if they needed it. I’m there almost every Monday to work on homework since the open lab is right before my evening class.


One day I was having trouble with one of my assignments. I just couldn’t get the JavaScript to work even though everything looked like it was coded (typed) correctly. Somebody from my class was also working in the lab. She took a look at my code and told me a few things to try to make it work. The problem ended up being an external link placement issue. I was very thankful for the help!


Open lab also gives us the opportunity to show each other projects we are working on and get feedback from others. Sometimes people find a really cool or funny website and share it with each other. One of the sites we were looking at one day was actor Jim Carrey’s site: http://www.jimcarrey.com/. It is pretty amazing.


The open lab is on Mondays from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in room S112 at the West Bend MPTC campus. Come join us for homework or for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment