Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Birthday Week

Pirate Fest (I'm the one on the left)
There are a lot of good things and bad things about having a birthday in the beginning of June. In high school exams always seemed to be that week. That wasn’t really how I wanted to spend my birthday. I enjoy the timing of my birthday more in college because the semester is over, and, depending on the weather, it already feels like summer. This year the weather has been very kind to my birthday plans.

Last Saturday my friends and I went to Seafood Fest at the park in town. We had some seafood, looked at the booths set up, and I got a massage at one of the tents. I’m not sure what that has to do with seafood, but I’m not complaining. This park has a garden labyrinth we walked through that’s beautiful this time of the year. Luckily, there wasn’t a whole bunch of bugs yet either.

The next day we went to Pirate Fest in Port Washington. I had never been to the festival before, and I had no idea it was so popular. So many people were dressed up. After the parade we walked out to the lighthouse. I was expecting it to be cooler next to the lake, but it was pretty darn warm out. I got burnt on my shoulders where I didn’t have enough sunscreen.


Port Washington rocks!

Part of my actually birthday, which was Tuesday, was spent at the polls voting. I saw “Snow White and the Huntsman” later that day. It’s nothing like the story I remember from childhood!

I’ve noticed this year just how many different outlets people can use to say happy birthday. There were the usual phone calls and cards in the mail, but there were also text messages, Facebook comments on my wall, and tweets on Twitter. One of my friends decided to utilize all those outlets!

Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment