Monday, July 1, 2013

One Month on the Job

Month in Review: A Reflection of June

I don’t think I could have crammed one more thing into June, so it’s a good thing it’s already July.

Wait, it’s already July?

That means I’ve been at my new job for one month. The work is varied so I never get bored, and I think that’s part of the reason it has gone so quickly. There are a lot of niche-specific things to learn at this company, so I’m glad I’ve got a good foundation in programs, troubleshooting technology, working with internal and external customers, and organizing information in college.

The weekends have been spent mostly with my group of friends from high school since two of them have weddings this summer. One of them, my former roommate, was married two weekends ago. It may have been the most fun I’ve ever had at a wedding. Congratulations to Susie and Adam!

Besides the costs of being involved in weddings, I’ve been saving as much money as I can. I’m putting money towards my student loans. The quicker I pay it off, the less I’ll have to pay in the long run. I’m also saving up for a laptop because I’m taking a class, Video Camera and Lighting Techniques, this fall.

I’m looking forward to some more wedding events in July. This coming weekend the other bridesmaids and I will be spending the day putting together the centerpieces for the wedding, which is later in July.

I’m off of work this Fourth of July, so my friends and I are going to a movie and to the park later for the fireworks. What are your plans this Independence Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment