Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Fourth of July Week

Week in Review: A Reflection of July 1 – 7

My old neighborhood
Happy belated Fourth of July! I spent the holiday in my old neighborhood near the park where the fireworks are held. It was nice to see old neighbors and friends. We hung out in one of their garages listening to music, chatting, and eating a big bowl of fruit. The weather was nice. Amazingly, there were hardly any mosquitoes (or maybe they don’t like me anymore, which I’m fine with). I met up with my family in the park at dusk. It was my nephew’s first time seeing the fireworks. He really enjoyed them, although he almost fell asleep before they started.

This past week was also another first. It was the first time my niece went to the zoo. Her favorite were the fish. She pressed her face against the glass and kept saying, “Cute! Cute!” Unfortunately, it was too hot to stay very long, so after we had some ice cream in the Family Farm area, we headed home. She fell asleep instantly on the way home. Thank goodness for air-conditioned cars!

My friend’s wedding, which I am standing up in, is less than two weeks away. The bridesmaids got together with the bride-to-be to work on wedding tasks. We’re going to be carrying lanterns down the isle instead of flowers. They are just beautiful.

Fourth of July fireworks
Since tuition is due soon, this past week I paid for my class I will be taking in the fall. I’m glad I was able to save up the money to pay for it in cash. If I budget my money out correctly, I should be able to pay for all my classes for the Audio/Video certificate without applying for any more student loans.

July is going to be busy, and it’s going to go by fast! Enjoy summer while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment