Friday, June 21, 2013

My Favorite is the Old Man Cactus

Week in Review: A Reflection of June 10 – 16

I saw a sausage tree, a chocolate pudding tree, an old man cactus (it looks like it has a beard), and a soap tree on Saturday when my friends and I went to the Mitchell Park Domes. I had no idea there were so many plants with funny names. And why are so many of them named after food they don’t produce?

Somebody at The Domes told us that the Milwaukee Art Museum had free admission that day, so we headed over there to look at the paintings, photographs, and other works of art. After that, we went to the Cheesecake Factory. It was my first time there so I spent a long time looking at the menu. It was a pretty awesome day.

I was talking to a friend from high school this past week. He was asking me some questions about the Moraine Park bookstore. I found out he’s taking some summer classes there and needed to pick up a few supplies. It got me thinking about how I’ve seen so many familiar faces while on campus. I have run into people that I haven’t seen in a long time. Matter of fact, I was friends with someone who moved to Florida at the end of our eighth grade year. She came back to Wisconsin after high school and we ended up at MPTC at the same time. She has since graduated from MPTC and is now pursuing a bachelor’s degree at UWM. It’s nice that we were able to get back in touch, and I’m really happy that she’s doing so well.

My jogging challenge is going well; although, I did have to take a break for a few days while I recovered from a cold. I improve every time I run. My friend is trying to convince me to participate in some events in the fall. We’ll see how I’m doing by the end of August. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment