Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Closing of the Semester and the Opening of The Hobbit

Week in Review: A Reflection of December 10 – 16


The timing couldn’t be any better. I’m finished with classes for the fall semester the same week that “The Hobbit” came out in theaters. That means there was no homework to do or classes to go to so I was able to go to the midnight showing.

My friends and I went out to dinner and then headed to the movie theater early with our pre-purchased tickets. Fortunately, the theater let us inside right away. We were first in line outside the door to get our seats. I won’t say too much about the movie since some haven’t seen it yet, but I enjoyed it. I read the book as a school assignment years ago, and I didn’t remember much of the story so the plot was fresh to me.

Even though I’m done with classes, there are still a few things I need to do at the college. I’ll be selling some of my books back to the campus bookstore this week, but I’ll be keeping one of the reference books. I have to turn in a graduation candidacy form to Student Services because I’m graduating in May. On Thursday the Web Developer Club has their last meeting of the semester. We’re probably going to have a potluck. Also, I’ll be going out to lunch with some of my classmates to celebrate finishing the semester.

As a reminder, the MPTC colleges will be closed from December 24 through January 1. You can expect to hear more about my life, my future, and my MPTC when I return to blogging in 2013. Have a happy and safe holiday season everyone!

Now I have to decide how I will spend my winter break. How will you be spending yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment