Thursday, December 13, 2012

One Week, Two Presentations

Week in Review: A Reflection of December 3 – 9

My online presentation
I gave two very different presentations. One of my presentations was for my Document Standards and Expectations class, and it was given using ClassLive through eCollege, our classroom’s online portal. My PowerPoint presentation was loaded and played while my instructor and classmates, all in different locations, could view it on their computer screen. I typed in what I wanted to say in the chat window as if I were speaking.

My second presentation was for my Customer Service Essentials class. My group and I gave a presentation in front of staff that works at MPTC. It was nice of them to come so we had experience giving a presentation to an audience that wasn’t made up of our peers. We used PowerPoint for this presentation, like I did for my other one, but it is much different when you are standing in the room with the people you’re giving a presentation to.

I think it’s important to practice both kinds of presentations. I think it’s highly likely I will have to do both an in person and online presentation as a professional one day.  In person, you need to practice things like eye contact and judging your audience so you know if you need to speed up, slow down, or clarify. With an online presentation, you have more technology to test to make sure things run smoothly. You also need to address how you’re going to have your audience interact with you and your content.

Both presentations were good experiences; however, I wish they wouldn’t have been in the same week. That was a lot of work and preparation! But it is the end of the semester so I knew it was coming.

How do you think technology will affect the way we present our ideas in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment