Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Halloween Week

Week in Review: A Reflection of October 29 – November 4


 Halloween week we had a hypnotist perform at the West Bend campus. I talked to some students who had seen him at the Fond du Lac campus the previous day and came to see the show again in West Bend. I volunteered to be hypnotized, my first time ever. People asked me what it was like. I say, it was actually pretty relaxing. People I saw in the hall were talking about it to me days afterwards.

I already celebrated Halloween earlier in the month, so besides taking my nephew trick-or-treating, it didn’t really feel like Halloween. It’s a shame it’s so cold already. All the kids had to wear jackets.

On Wednesday we got to play with some older technology used for transcription in one of my classes. They have foot pedals and play cassette tapes. It’s fun to see how things were done in the past. For our assessment, however, we’ll be using more up-to-date techniques for transcription.

I still volunteer at a nonprofit once every other week, so on Friday I was working on a display. I was able to use some advanced features in Microsoft Office programs, and I learned more about the copy machine.  Those things can do so much stuff automatically! A few weeks ago I scanned some pages and it automatically sent the pages wirelessly to a specific folder on the network.

I spent some time this past week choosing classes for the spring 2013 semester. I’ll be registering soon. It looks like I’ll be taking some traditional and online classes and maybe a winterim class. Wow, that registration date sure comes up quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment