Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Busiest Week of Summer

Week in Review: A Reflection of August 6 – 12

Between helping out with Tech Knowledge College, going to the Wisconsin State Fair, and my sister’s bridal shower, I had one of the busiest weeks of all summer.

I had never heard of “TKC” until very recently. Tech Knowledge College is an event that Moraine Park’s Fond du Lac campus hosts every year. Middle school students get the opportunity to choose from a wide range of educational opportunities such as manufacturing yo-yos, engineering, auto tech, web design, and many other subjects. The students learning to cook put on a tea party on the last day, which I attended. They did an amazing job! The banquet table looked absolutely beautiful, and it was filled with all kinds of foods I had never tried.

TKC has been running for more than 20 years. It’s a shame I didn’t know about it when I was in middle school. The yo-yo class and the animation class would probably have been on the top of my list. I was never good with yo-yo tricks, but I sure did like them anyways.



On the weekend I went to the State Fair. No, I didn’t try any of the crazy things they put on sticks, deep fry, or cover in chocolate. I did, however, take some pictures of the signs I saw for food like deep fried brownie on a stick and maple bacon sundaes. My souvenir from the fair was a hat that looks an awful lot like our MPTC mascot, the gray wolf.

I concluded my busy week with my sister’s bridal shower. I had bought some cookies from the famer’s market that look like bride and groom attire. She was surprised and delighted to find them taped to the top of her gift.

I’m hoping to have a little break now to enjoy my last week of summer before class starts. I told you July and August would go by quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment