Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Annual Reoccurring Dream

Week in Review: A Reflection of August 13 – 19

It’s usually around this time of the year I have the same reoccurring dream. I wake up and it is late, really late. It’s so late that not only have I missed the start of class, I’ve missed the entire class. In some scenarios I’m not aware I was suppose to be in a class until the end of the semester. Yikes!

But none of these dreams have ever come true. In fact, it’s unlikely I would oversleep enough this semester to miss a class since the earliest class I have starts at 11 a.m. So far I have not had these reoccurring dreams this year.

The only thing I needed to worry about this past week was how I was going to spend the last weekend of summer before classes start. I would like to tell you that I had an action-packed weekend in some exotic place, but really, for the most part, I just relaxed at home. It’s what I wanted to do since everything is going to get really busy really soon.

I did, however, venture out and made it to the Milwaukee County Zoo. I didn’t have to go to a foreign country to see giraffes, elephants, or monkeys. It was a pretty good day to be outside. Even though we had dark clouds, lightning, and thunder, we didn’t have any rain.


Everybody has a favorite animal they like to see at the zoo. My favorite animals to see are the bats. They are just cute, little things that curl their wings around their furry faces and hang around. They’re not so fun to see out in the wild, though, especially when they swoop low over your head!

It was a good way to end summer vacation, but I hope there will still be some fun things to do on the weekends while the weather is still summer-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment