Friday, July 6, 2012

Keepsakes of the Past

Week in Review: A Reflection of June 25 - July 1

My kindergarten picture
While going through some things on my bookshelf, I came across one of my photo albums. Inside were a lot of miscellaneous things I have kept throughout the years. I have awards of achievement, certificates for participation, and programs from performances.

Toward the back of the book is my class photo from kindergarten. I love that I still have this photo after all these years. I get a kick out of the fashion and hairstyles. I’m amazed that I still keep in touch with some of these people. Keeping mementos from your past can be fun, because you can look back at an object and recall an entire story. It’s also something you can show your children and grandchildren.


Over the past 100 years the people who have walked down the halls of Moraine Park Technical College must have thousands and thousands of stories to share with their families and friends. I look at all the things I’ve collected and I’m just one person and I’ve only had a quarter of that time to collect keepsakes.

On August 16, 2012 MPTC will be sharing its history through a time capsule opening and dedication ceremony at the Fond du Lac campus. What will we put in our time capsule? What stories will those objects tell to our future generations?

No comments:

Post a Comment