Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blogging About a Blog

Week in Review: A Reflection of February 27– March 4


I spent this past week cheating on my blog with another blog. One of our assignments for my Communication Technologies class is to set up a blog and create a blog post once a week. We were given the choice between two different blogging platforms. Since I’ve already been using Blogger for almost a year now, I decided to try a different blogging tool.


We were given the freedom to write about any topic we chose, but we had to pick a narrowed topic that would give our blog posts direction and purpose. Some of my classmates are blogging about the latest technological gadgets, baking, and animals, just to name a few.


I chose to create a blog called “How to Organize Your Life.” I write about ways to organize your things to make them more convenient or creative ways to decrease your clutter. I just posted a blog a few days ago about utilizing vertical space for storage.


Through reading the textbook and the discussions we’ve had in class, we’ve learned about the importance of pictures and legal issues using others’ images. Tags are very important and can be categorized. We learned how to write blog titles that stand out and encourage viewers to read blog posts.


All this information has been interesting and very useful. The best part is, I get to use what I learn right away. Matter of fact, I’m doing it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment