Thursday, August 4, 2011

New Student Orientation

Last Wednesday I went to the New Student Orientation at Moraine Park Technical College in West Bend to represent the Web Developer Club. Different departments of the college and student clubs gather in the lobby to answer questions and give information to new students.


This time last year I was one of those students. I remember talking to many faculty, staff and students. They had a lot of information to share, and it was a lot to take in. They gave us good advice about college like to not take too many classes at once if we already had busy schedules and to only take out the minimal amount of loans. Those loans have to be paid back after you graduate.


This year I sat next to a person representing the Instructional Assistant club. Like me, she had information to share about her club and an interest sign-up sheet. I explained what the Web Developer Club did last year and why I thought it was a good idea to join a club. As I explained to the people I met that day, clubs are good for networking, learning, résumé, and fun. There’s a club for nearly every program. It’s definitely worth checking them out.


If you’d like to see what clubs Moraine Park has to offer, visit the student clubs page: http://www.morainepark.edu/services/student-life/student-clubs/


And if you’re in the IT-Web Developer/Designer program, join the Web Developer Club this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment