Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of the Fall Semester

Monday was the first day of classes for the fall semester at Moraine Park Technical College. My Monday night class is Graphics for the Web. We’ll be using Photoshop CS5 to optimize images so they will download quickly and correctly on a web page.


The computers we use in this classroom are Macs, but they can run both Mac OS and Windows 7 operating system. I’ve had classes in this room last year, but before that I wasn’t aware a computer was able to handle two operating systems. Windows 7 is new to me, but I’ve heard it’s much simpler to use than previous Windows versions.


I’m actually looking forward to our final project for this class. We will be creating a logo for a company that will be selling a product in a foreign country. We get to choose the country and research what colors and symbols mean. Many countries have completely different meanings for colors and symbols than the United States. This is a very important fact to know.


After class, I walked to the bulletin boards to see what kind of events are coming up on campus. On my way to the board, I noticed they have installed new bathrooms next to the cafeteria. I’m pretty certain they were not there last semester. Anyways, there are a couple of events to go to this week. There will be a performance by Mission IMPROVable on Wednesday and free pizza on Thursday. I’ve got a class on Thursday night, so I will probably partake in that since I will be here anyways. Next week Thursday there is a Student Senate meeting. I’m thinking about checking it out.


For those of you who are new to MPTC, welcome and good luck on your first semester! And for those of you who aren’t new, welcome back and here’s to a great semester! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment