Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Advisor Meeting and Appling for Graduation

Yesterday I met with my advisor, because I should be eligible to receive my Web Site Coordinator Certificate at the end of the semester. I was pretty sure I had met all the requirements because I went over the checklist for the program. However, I didn’t want to take the chance of missing something and having to postpone receiving my certificate so I went over everything with my advisor.


He had good news for me. I will, in fact, be receiving the certificate! It’s hard to believe that only a year ago I was beginning classes at Moraine Park and in a few short (or maybe long) months I will have a piece of paper in my hands as visual evidence of my accomplishment.


There’s still one thing I need to do to get that certificate (besides the obvious fact of passing this semester’s classes): I need to fill out the graduation candidacy form and submit it along with $30 to Student Services. He told me the form can be found by going to myMPTC, choosing the Student tab, and clicking on the “List of Common Student Forms and Requests link” on the right side of the page. I will be doing that this week.


Now, I’m still in the IT-Web Developer/Designer program, which is like a continuation of the Web Site Coordinator Certificate curriculum, so I will still be back for classes next spring. As always in the fields of computers and technology, there’s still more to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment