Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Midnight Release

Last Thursday I waited in line for five hours. When it started to rain we weren’t troubled, we just opened our umbrellas. This evening was the culmination of ten years of memories. My friends and I saw the final Harry Potter movie, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2” at midnight.


I went to a Harry Potter midnight release in November a few years ago. It made things a little complicated for those college students who had class the next day and homework due. People were working on their laptops, reviewing their notebooks and reading textbooks in the lobby before we were allowed to take our seats in the theater. Hopefully they didn’t have any early morning classes. I was fortunate not to have any Friday classes that semester.


Luckily, this year the movie was a summer release meaning there was no homework or classes to worry about for the next day. While waiting in line, we played cards, did trivia with the people near us in line and watched people show up in elaborate costumes.


Despite the short-lived rain, it was probably the most fun and memorable midnight showing I’ve ever been to. The movie theater set up a canopy outside at the front of the line and handed out umbrellas to the people who didn’t fit under the canopy. My friends and I had our pictures taken twice, once while in line and once while sitting in our seats. Both pictures ended up on the theater’s website.


It’s been a good summer so far. I know that it’ll be ending soon when I see new student orientation listed on the Moraine Park Technical College’s online calendar. One more month to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment