Monday, April 1, 2013

My Spring Break 2013

Week in Review: A Reflection of March 18 – 24

Operation Game
During spring break I was at the MPTC West Bend campus twice. You’d think I’d take a break from school, but nope. But this wasn’t for class or for homework; it was to do some really fun and interesting things.

Pictionary Game via Telepresence room
On Thursday, the Web Developer Club met in the cafeteria so we could go on a field trip to EPIC Creative. I’m glad that it worked well with most people’s schedule. We had nearly the whole club attend.

On Saturday I helped out with the Moraine Park Foundation fundraiser called Blue Jeans and Board Games. The event helped raise money for scholarships. I was at the registration table with some of the Key Club members of the West Bend High Schools.

Twister Game
They had oversized board games like Jenga and Operation. In the video conferencing room I heard they were playing Pictionary with the people at the Fond du Lac campus. There were two bands playing, one in the cafeteria and one in the lobby where I was sitting. There was food and drinks as well. A silent auction was set up in the hallway with lots of items. It was a pretty cool, unique event. I’d love to participate if they do it again in the future.

Besides the absence of the “spring” part of spring break, I enjoyed my week off. How did you spend spring break?

No comments:

Post a Comment