Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Trading the Books for the Shovel

Week in Review: A Reflection of January 28 – February 3

Shoveling is an unexpected and unwelcomed responsibility during the winter (and sometimes fall and spring) months. But, it’s something that you’ve got to do if you live in Wisconsin, so I put down the books this past week for a little while and picked up a shovel. I can’t wait for spring.

Thursday was the first West Bend Student Senate meeting of the semester. We needed to elect a new vice president since the seat was open. One of my friends, who is also in the Web Developer Club, was nominated and elected for the position. Congratulations, Jane! During the meeting we talked about Relay for Life, which is in August. We may be getting a MPTC team together for the cause. Later this month two Student Senate members are going the Wisconsin Student Government (WSG) legislative seminar in Madison. They will be meeting with legislators to address the concerns of Wisconsin technical colleges. What an amazing opportunity!

This weekend I celebrated my friend’s birthday. We went to the theater to see Hansel &Gretel: Witch Hunters. Afterwards we tried to go to her favorite restaurant, but the wait was going to be too long for the amount of people we had, so we went to a different restaurant. At the restaurant, it was brought to my attention that I was part of a minority in the group. Over half of my friends who went out that night were left-handed and I was right-handed. How did I end up with so many left-handed friends?

I spent most of Sunday catching up on homework before the Super Bowl started. My nephew, who is four, was very excited that he was coming over to my house for a Super Bowl party. My niece danced to the music during the entire half-time show. The football season is over so I guess it’s time to pull out the Brewer’s gear because it’ll be baseball season soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment