Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fourth of July

Just about every year I start my Fourth of July celebration at the Fourth of July parade in West Bend. This year it was packed despite the fact it was so very hot outside. One of the floats had a machine that shot mist into the crowd. The kids in the crowd really enjoyed that.


Later in the afternoon, I met up with my friends and went to the park. We brought a cooler along and had a picnic. It’s a good idea to show up early to claim a spot. It’s nearly impossible to move around easily or to find people after dusk. Calling someone’s cell phone and telling them your standing next to a tree isn’t the easiest way to meet up with someone after 8 p.m. at the park. I also brought my new giant checkers set and cloth game board, like the one we had in our fifth grade classroom. I just love it. I’d almost forgotten how to play it’s been so long.


The fireworks show was nice. It wasn’t windy and we picked a great spot so the fireworks were easy to see. They had beautiful golden fountain fireworks that everyone ooed and awed at. Unfortunately, the batteries in my camera died before I could take a picture of them.


It seems that every year the rest of the summer flies by really quickly after the Fourth of July. Soon it will be August 22, and I will be in class at Moraine Park for the fall semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment