Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer Plans

It’s been a long semester and an even longer winter, but it is finally summer! It’s like nature’s reward for working hard throughout the academic year. Let’s go enjoy some sunshine!


For some this is just a short break before summer classes begin. I won’t be taking any summer classes for my program, but there are some community classes I’m considering taking that are related to art and computers. As I mentioned before, I will be working on building my own personal website. I’ll be putting the work from this year’s classes into an online portfolio. Whether I take a class or not, I’ll still be on campus occasionally. I plan on visiting the Moraine Park Technical College library during the summer to check out books about web design I’ve seen but not had the time to read.


Summer is a good time to keep learning on your own outside of the classroom if you’ve got the time. I recommend looking for internships and volunteer opportunities. You may not be paid in cash, but you’ll be paid in experience. It’s something that looks good on your résumé, too. I do graphic design work for my church. It’s fun and rewarding to use your talents to help out organizations you’re involved in. Plus, they make me feel so appreciated!


I probably won’t be going on any big trips or travel very far, but I’m going to try to plan some of those “staycations” that are so popular right now. There are plenty of things to do right here in Wisconsin. I’ll be visiting the zoo and, maybe, Old World Wisconsin. It also might be time for my first Brewer’s game.


On a parting note, I would like to say congratulations to those who have graduated this past Saturday! You did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment